Monday, November 16, 2009

Steps of Faith

This seems to describe exactly where Rebekah and I are, and have been for some time. I can't tell you how many times, in the last 3 days, you could have heard either of us make statements of surprise about being once again in Rome, Georgia. This isn't what we foresaw for ourselves. This isn't what we imagined as our "next move". This wasn't in the plans . . . , but I hear the Spirit whisper. . . My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. . . For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you the future you hoped for. Rebekah or I neither one "hoped for" Rome, but nevertheless it is part of our future once again.

If I were to paint you a picture of where we are right now in this walk of faith, it would be something like this: You're walking down a well lit hall with a door at the end. The door is open, but the closer you get the door begins to close, and your time is limited. As you slip through the narrowing space, you find yourself in a room with no light, and yet somehow you feel secure. The room seems empty, yet you feel satisfied. You know there will be light to come, but it is not now.

So here we are walking the same path as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. On the same journey as Joseph, and it's all in the hands of God. These days are steps of faith.

2 comments:

  1. i heard you opened a BBQ restaurant... is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no... we were looking into it, but it hasn't worked out at this point. Maybe someday?

    ReplyDelete