Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Forgive Me, I'm Not Apologizing

One thing I've tried not to do with any blog I've ever done is to complain or be negative about anything. It's never encouraging, no matter how sincere you are. However, I have to speak up and this seems to be the best place for me to get this off of my chest. So, here we go . . .

The American Music Awards seemed to cause quite a stir this year. Funny mishaps like Paula Abduhl's mic not being on to J-Lo's "leap of faith" are to be expected, it's a live performance, but the extreme over-sexed performances of a many of the artists was sickening. I only saw 1 1/2 of them.

Here is where I will not apologize . . . This is the first time I've ever even watched the AMA's, and even then I only watched about 7 minutes before it turned me off. The next day I saw several comments on a social networking site about the AMA's. The majority of them were talking about how disappointing the show and artist's were. Then a particular comment really caught my eye as it brought into question how God must have felt about Adam Lambert's performance (I won't even go there. I said it when he was on Idol, he is evil). I understood the question very well, as it was followed by a sad face :( driving home the point that God has granted him an ability to sing, perform, command attention, and draw people in, but it is being wasted. However, that to me is not the saddest part.

How God must have felt not only seeing so many talented people wasting, even abusing their talent, but also how He must have felt seeing so many of His people wasting and abusing His gift of time by watching it. Why are we shocked at what Hollywood does? Why do we continue to subject ourselves? Do we honestly think that one of these days Hollywood is going to repent (turn around 180 degrees)? I am more appalled at the fact that we are appalled byHollywood than at ourselves for indulging in it with our eyes and ears. Jesus asked what does light have to do with dark? If there is more dark than light, the light will be swallowed up by the dark? Have become so swallowed by dark? I say NO!!! We haven't. If we are still shocked then it's not too late. There is hope. But hope is not in changing Hollywood, it's in changing ourselves. Hope is in knowing that we can be a better servant of God by not allowing ourselves to be engulfed in the shadowy darkness of things in this world.

If I've hit a nerve then please forgive me, because I can't apologize.

1 comment:

  1. i have the exact opinion! i'm glad you addressed it!!

    ReplyDelete