Friday, April 30, 2010

I Dare You To . . .

I would be willing to bet 95% of you filled in the blank before you started reading any further. I'd also be willing to bet you filled it in with an action word, and the word you chose reflected some form of movement. So what is it that I am daring you to do...

NOTHING.

I dare you to do nothing. Sometimes nothing is all you can do, and yet nothing is everything God wants you to do. In fact, doing nothing may even be His command to you. Wow. Have you ever offered to help someone because you genuinely wanted to bless them, and when you offer, their response is, "nothing." If you're like me, that can be a little frustrating. Dog gonnit, I'm trying to help you... don't tell me I should do nothing.

Dog gonnit, God, I'm trying to help you do something, for me. Don't tell me to do nothing. Funny how we want to do as little as possible and still reap full rewards, but can't handle it if God tells us to do just that, nothing, as little as possible.

God is big enough to do things the way He wants, but He's not as bull headed as we are. He'll let us keep pushing something when what He really wants is nothing.

I dare you to . . . DO NOTHING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment